We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fajardo or Luquillo

Brockton...
2 posts
Save Topic
Fajardo or Luquillo

Planning a 5 day vacation to the east side of the island for the first time this comming February and thinking about staying in either Luquillo or Fajardo. We plan to establish a home base and do day trips each day. Anyone have any opinions about either town......pro or con? I already have an itinerary just looking for a great place to stay close to acitivities. Thank you.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fajardo or Luquillo

My husband and I stayed in Luquillo in March 2011 and loved it. It only takes about 15 minutes to get to Fajardo. We found better deals in Luquillo. Fajardo seemed to be a little more expensive. Both places are great. Make sure you go to the kioskos in Luquillo. "El Jefe Burger" is the best!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fajardo or Luquillo

I 2nd Luquillo. It a good location by a nice beach. There are many good restaurants close by, esp the kiosks in Luquillo. I'm assuming you'll have a rental car, otherwise I wouldn't stay at either location.

Brockton...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fajardo or Luquillo

Thank you for your opinions regarding Luquillo and we will go to "El Jefe Burger" one day for lunch and yes we will have a rental car. I think if you visit anywher except SJ you will need a car. We visited Rincon earlier this year and you definetly need a car to get around there. Where did you stay in Luquillo? Would you go back? Again thank you for the replies.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fajardo or Luquillo

I think Luquillo as a town has more things- beaches, restaurants etc. Though the town plazas are only about 15-20 mins apart, depending on the day trips you want to do, one might be just that little bit more convenient.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fajardo or Luquillo

if you plan on doing day trips, save a couple of days for vieques. check out of your hotel park your car at the ferry terminal, go to vieques for a couple of days then take the ferry back and drive to the airport.

you wont be sorry

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fajardo or Luquillo

Another vote for Frankiepoo.

Level Contributor
176 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fajardo or Luquillo

Try to go when there is no moon so you can take the luminesque boat and swim tours. Awesome only when there is no moon.

8. Re: Fajardo or Luquillo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 04:17