We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to rent a house or condo in PR - where?

Colchester CT
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Looking to rent a house or condo in PR - where?

We have never been to PR before. We want it to be safe, close to resturants, bars, grocery store, ect. Could anyone give us a good location or base to start our research? 6 Late 20's couples

Thanks! We appreciate any feedback.

Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to rent a house or condo in PR - where?

Hi Lorraine,

Start, by having a look at:

http://www.seepuertorico.com/

www.seepuertorico.com/deals-prtc/autumn_deal/

and this one;

http://www.seepuertorico.com/regions

Enjoy Puerto Rico to the Fullest!!

I almost forgot, even here on TA:

tripadvisor.com/VacationRentals-g147319-Revi…

Edited: 08 August 2011, 22:02
San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to rent a house or condo in PR - where?

You may also check Marbella West, ESJ, or Coral Beach Condominiums - all in Isla Verde at VRBO.COM

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
77 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking to rent a house or condo in PR - where?

Are you looking to stay in the San Juan area only or somewhere else in the Island?

How long wil you stay? if a week or longer, you may want to explore VRBO

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…puerto-rico

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking to rent a house or condo in PR - where?

You can also consider staying at a villa inside a resort community. There are villas inside the Wyndham Rio Mar Resort that you can rent from owners. These are very spacious and depending on your budget you can stay beachfront or overlooking the golf course. See them here:

homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/…r10131

If you wish to stay in the San Juan area, I agree with SunMoonStars that the best place to stay is in "Marbella West, ESJ, or Coral Beach Condominiums - all in Isla Verde ".

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking to rent a house or condo in PR - where?

If you are looking to stay in the San Juan area. Isla Verde area or Condado is near shops and restaurants. These will be condos. San Juan Vacations http://sanjuanvacations.com/ they can help you find a condo. This is Isla Verde puertoricoistheplace.com/2011/05/isla-verde-…

Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking to rent a house or condo in PR - where?

All the past posts are gearing you towards San Juan=Great City, Not ALL that Puerto Rico has to offer. If, you are looking for a City with a beach, and Great Night Life, than San Juan is your best choose. If, however you would like a slower Carribean Beach town, Rincon may suite you:

www.rincon.org

www.rinconpr.com

www.surfrinconpr.com/rincon-talk.html

www.seepuertorico.com/regions

Enjoy Puerto Rico to the Fullest!!

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
77 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking to rent a house or condo in PR - where?

Pineapple Inn writes: "All the past posts are gearing you towards San Juan"

That's why I asked if they were thinking of staying only in SJ or going elsewhere and suggested they check out the VRBO website as it includes properties across the whole island!

The West Coast (Porta del Sol) has a lot to offer! (I know... I used to live there! :-)

Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking to rent a house or condo in PR - where?

I am soory that I made that assumtion, regarding: "All the past posts are gearing you towards San Juan". I did not mean that statement in harm to anyone/any city/town/region. I just like to make sure travelers know there is alot to Puerto Rico, than only San Juan(Wich is a Great City-not a Beach Town). Once again I did not mean to offen anyone or anyone place.

9. Re: Looking to rent a house or condo in PR - where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 13:15