We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rio Del Mar Resort/San Juan

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
Save Topic
Rio Del Mar Resort/San Juan

Is the parking expensive if you rent a car, how about at the resort?

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rio Del Mar Resort/San Juan

I'm asuming you are refering to the Wyndham Rio Mar Resort in Rio Grande ...

If you are staying at the villas they have parking free of charge, if you are staying at the resort aelf parking is $15 per day and valet parking is $20 per day. If you do self parking they will charge you every time you go in and out, and then you will need to go to their desk at the end of the stay and request a clarification of the bill. If you go with the valet they will charge you the valet fee per day independently of how many times you go in or out.

Royal Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rio Del Mar Resort/San Juan

Do not let the parking fee disuade you from renting a car for the Rio Mar which is an easy 40 minute drive further East of SJU which is aready East of San Juan to start with. A car is necessary for meals out and to see the nearby rainforest at your leisure as well as saving $60 pp each way to and from SJU .

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rio Del Mar Resort/San Juan

If you are renting a villa a Rio Mar, ask for a golf cart - most of them have one as do the good rental agents. I generally paid $150 for 2 - 3 weeks. Get instructions from the rental agent as to where they will let you park it for free. It is the best way to get back and forth from the beach. If you are staying at the hotel, use the self park.

San Juan
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rio Del Mar Resort/San Juan

Do not stay at the Rio Mar Resort, insted rent a villa inside the resort and yes rent a car from the airport so you save on the taxi ride. You have free parking on the Rio Mar Villas. Plus you will need the car to go eat and tours.

Edited: 12 August 2011, 08:39
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rio Del Mar Resort/San Juan

I agree with the above posts. A Villa is certainly the best place to stay. These are not available for rent through the resort. You must rent them throguh the owners directly or through a real estate agency.

These links can help you find a villa:

homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/…r10131

http://www.resortvillarentals.com/

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rio Del Mar Resort/San Juan

When renting a Villa, be sure to ask about resort privileges. Many owners are part of community club which gets a discount at the restaurants and access to the hotel pool etc., and have made arrangements for renters to get a guest card. Others aren't members or can't get a guest card.

The system is a little murky as the Villas and the hotel are under separate ownership. The rules have changed from year to year. The key is to ask.

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Rio Del Mar Resort/San Juan

I just stay at this resort very nice but expensive and if ur not famialer with the area not the best place to stay as for room service wasn't good at all I travel with my family a lot and as wonderful as it seem to expensive won't return thats for sure

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,172 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rio Del Mar Resort/San Juan

The Del Mar has me curious. Palmas Del Mar? Hacienda Del Mar? Or Rio Mar?

9. Re: Rio Del Mar Resort/San Juan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2013, 10:16