We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current gas prices and driving in Puerto Rico

Lexington, Kentucky
2 posts
Save Topic
Current gas prices and driving in Puerto Rico

Can anyone tell me what the current gas prices are in PR (Rio Grande) and how the driving is? Is the driving crazy? Do they drive really fast? I'll be visiting PR soon and thinking of renting a car. Any info/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

San Juan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current gas prices and driving in Puerto Rico

currently 85 cents Liter in most gas stations. (it is sold in liters)

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,374 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current gas prices and driving in Puerto Rico

Gas prices are comparable to those in the continental US. If you have driven in a big city, you should do fine in PR. Some drive fast, some drive slow. All drive whereever they feel like it. Horns are honked a lot. Turn signals are removed when cars are transported to PR (Joke). Not a big deal.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,267 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current gas prices and driving in Puerto Rico

This is what I tell my Guests when they ask me:

I don't think there is a word in the " puertorican lenguage" for Blinker, since they never use it.

They will pass you from the right, left or the Emergency lane.

Do not try to merge in front of a Car if a young P. R Lady is driving, because they will give Gas to make sure you can't.

You also want to keep distance in the morning, because they are very busy with putting make up on, study for the University or texting.

If you get too stressed, make a stop and enjoy a cold drink somewhere

Lexington, Kentucky
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Current gas prices and driving in Puerto Rico

Thanks,

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current gas prices and driving in Puerto Rico

If you have ever driven in New Jersey, PR is a piece of cake.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current gas prices and driving in Puerto Rico

driving can make you a bit mad, specially in the morning hours, but I suggest you pay attention to the cars near you because, as others said, people push the pedal and dont use the signal lights. but other than that, youll be fine :)

7. Re: Current gas prices and driving in Puerto Rico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 09:17