We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taking guided tour or renting a car?

Level Contributor
1 post
Save Topic
taking guided tour or renting a car?

I will be travelling to PR for a week in dec with my husband. We were confused whether to rent a car and visit the rainforest, culebra etc or book with once of the several adventure tour companies that take us there and would charge $20 per person pick up from our hotel.

Fun Cat Catamaran
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Salty Dog Catamaran
Sightseeing Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours
Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,338 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taking guided tour or renting a car?

Where did you see a Rainforest tour for $ 20 per person?I remember those prices, but that was 25 years ago

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
41 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taking guided tour or renting a car?

As a local I recommend culebra and el yunque to do it by your own, unless you get a small tour company. I'm a tour guide as well and I find that people don't enjoy being in a 20+ group of strangers going to el yunque. Go and do whatever u want and on your own pace. Now, for cultural and historic site. A specialize tour hit the spot. I offer walking tours of old San Juan and santurce. Melani.worldwide@yahoo.com is my email. Enjoy!

3. Re: taking guided tour or renting a car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2012, 10:19