We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Juan Hotel

Riverside...
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
San Juan Hotel

I can't decide between the Intercontinental and the Courtyard Marriot Isla Verde for a pre-cruise hotel. Anybody got any input ?

Thanks, Frank Antonacci

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,846 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Juan Hotel

What type of accommodations and amenities are you seeking?

The Intercontinental is a full service beachfront resort with lots of amenities. The Embassy Suites hotel is a few blocks from the beach with not as many amenities. It's not much different from an Embassy Suites Hotel anywhere else in the world - you stay at one you've stayed at them all.

Been to both for overnight stays multiple times - both served their purpose. Personally, I liked the location and setting of the Intercontinental over Embassy Suites - you may feel differently.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,065 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Juan Hotel

Intercontinental has superior accomodations as it's a 4 stars resort. Courtyard is 3.5 stars. IC's location is better as well. Restaurants and shops are closer to the IC (within walking distance) than the Courtyard.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Juan Hotel

If you like to hang out on the beach at night, then go for Court Yard I. V. They are one of the few Hotels that have evening beach access, nice Restaurant on the beach and Hamocks to lay around

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,846 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Juan Hotel

Sorry, I could have sworn you asked about Embassy Suites not Courtyard by Marriott.

I've stayed there too. Courtyard is not one of my favorite places. Stayed there only once and decided not to go back. The location is not as desirable as other hotels on Isla Verde.

Riverside...
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Juan Hotel

Thanks ! Based on what you and others said, I chose the Intercontinental as my wife wants San Juan nightlife the night we are there !

Many thanks, Frank A

San Juan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Juan Hotel

Both are nice, Marriott is more isolated and ''private'' than the Intercontinental, more low key and better for relaxation, Intercontinental is next to Hotel San Juan and it has a better night life and has a nice beach bar and spa

Edited: 06 December 2011, 22:08
7. Re: San Juan Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2012, 10:16