We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mundo Taino

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2,746 reviews
Save Topic
Mundo Taino

I highly recommend the Mundo Taino to buy souvenirs from Puerto Rico. This store is the only one that I visited in my 5h trip in Old San Juan that sells local handicrafts with some quality for a good price.

I prior visited stores that were selling pieces with labels from Peru (Made in Peru).

Summit, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mundo Taino

My experience at Mundo Taino was extremely disappointing. I bought a statuette which I took great care on the flight back home. When I was home, I noticed a crack at the back which was obviously glued up and not something that the shop should have attempted to sell in the first place. When I attempted to return/settle this issue, the owner avoided my calls. I used my CC company(American Express) and he provided elaborate disclaimers and insisted I'd caused the damage. This fraud should be avoided altogether.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mundo Taino

We've got the same problem here as anywhere with "made in China or Vietnam or ..."A few years back, when I went to Guavate, they actually had a sign "not made in China "in front of the Store.

Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mundo Taino

Hello HelenaGuerra,

Here, in Rincon we make a point of recomending only Three (3) places that sell local, "Rinconian" art's, and artisan's crafts. We support only local gift shops and artist. The next time you are in Puerto Rico, please consider Rincon as your next vacation spot, and we will recomend only local places to shop...Look forward to seeing you soon, here in Rincon,PR.

4. Re: Mundo Taino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2013, 10:15