We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best surfing beaches to learn how to surf...

vermont
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
best surfing beaches to learn how to surf...

We just returned from a week at Guanica, PR. While we were there, we visited Rincon a couple of days, and my 17 year old and 10 yr old fell in love with the waves there. My husband, myself and the 17 yr old would like to learn to surf there next year. Could anyone recommend the best beach in Rincon for learning to surf? We'll probably be going there for a week at the end of February, eary March 07. Also, could anyone recommend someone to give lessons?

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best surfing beaches to learn how to surf...

Their are many options for surf lessons in Rincon, privates can always be set up throught the surf shops, and RIncon Surf n Board offers great group options, which can be nice for kids, Check out

www.rincon.org

www.rinconpr.com

www.rincon-hangout.com

Feb. - MArch is very busy here, make your reservations early for lodging, however I do not recommend pre-paying for surf lessons, wait until you get here. The best breaks are Maria's and Domes, on a small day both are fine for beginners, Parking Lot's and Sandy Beach are also great.