We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bargaining in Puerto Rico

Des Moines, Iowa
3 posts
Save Topic
Bargaining in Puerto Rico

I'm visiting Puerto Rico in March. I've been to several central American countries and Mexico, and am wondering if you can bargain for cab rides, vendors, etc., as you can in those countries. I know Puerto Rico is a US territory, so I'm wondering if they have different expectations - I don't want to offend anyone. Thanks in advance for your help!

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,942 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bargaining in Puerto Rico

Possibly some of the vendors on the street ... don't know, never tried. In general the price on the sticker is the price you pay. Taxi fares in and between the main tourism areas (Isla Verde, Condado, Old San Juan) are pre-set and fixed (not metered).

San Francisco CA
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bargaining in Puerto Rico

No, as a visitor I have never seen it.

3. Re: Bargaining in Puerto Rico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2013, 10:27