We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bio bay when moon is bad

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
bio bay when moon is bad

will be in rio grande March 3-8 I know all are bad nights for the Bio bay,would it be a good idea to maybe book the Fajardo walking tour of their bay at night to at least get a chance to see something and not pay as much if theres nothing to see?Las Cabasas has a nite walking tour for only $20,looks like the kayaks and boats are much more$

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,912 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bio bay when moon is bad

March 8 is the full moon. Usually, I would say "go sooner than later" during your visit. But the moon will be rising mid-afternoon early in your visit. So, even though the moon will be "less bright", it will be high in the sky by the time you get onto the biobay.

Crazy as this may sound, the early trip on March 8 (night of full moon) may be OK at the beginning of the trip, since the moon does not rise until 7pm.

You can always throw caution to the wind, book your trip, and hope for a cloudy night!

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bio bay when moon is bad

There is still too much daylight left at 7 pm to see anything. I would not risk it. The tour company in Vieques doesn't provide tours on full or near moon nights. That tells you a lot.

3. Re: bio bay when moon is bad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 23:16