We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Struggling with hotel/resort selection

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
904 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Struggling with hotel/resort selection

So I'm usually pretty good with doing my own research, I seem to be struggling with PR. My mom and I will be headed to PR in April.

I'm looking for a beach resort with a nice swimmable beach and moderately priced. I'm thinking east of san Juan for more of a secluded feel and closer proximity to rain forests. We will be renting a car and doing day excursions, thanks.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,200 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Struggling with hotel/resort selection

Rio Mar and El Conquistador fit the bill as far as close proximity to the rainforest. You can get a reasonable deal by bidding on Priceline.com (4 stars in the Fajardo or Humacao areas).

Edited: 29 February 2012, 18:33
usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Struggling with hotel/resort selection

Look into the Rio Mar Westin. It is somewhat secluded, beachfront and near the rain forest. You can drive to other beaches if theirs doesn't fit the bill. I saw a great rate for this resort at www.cheapcaribbean.com

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Struggling with hotel/resort selection

You can also consider renting a villa at the Wyndham Rio Mar Resort, our experience has been that it is a far better deal than staying at the hotel. There are villas for every budget. All have kitchen, free parking and definitely much more space than the hotel rooms. Compare options here:

http://www.homeaway.com

Edited: 29 February 2012, 20:43
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Struggling with hotel/resort selection

This link may work easier to finding them:

homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/…r10131

5. Re: Struggling with hotel/resort selection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2013, 10:33