We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Coast Questions-City/Town to Stay

Central Florida
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
West Coast Questions-City/Town to Stay

I just booked our air, and I have decided we are heading to the west coast on our first trip to Puerto Rico. We are flying in and out of San Jan and renting a car. We land at noon on a Saturday, plan to spend a couple of hours in San Juan then drive to where we plan to stay for 4 nights.

Now I need to decide where to stay.

We are looking for a safe, clean, well maintained place to stay, nice beach for snorkeling, good local restaurants and stuff to do within a 1 hour drive. The nicer the better. We'll decide if it worth the price.

I've been reading about places from Isabella to the north to Cabo Rojo to the south. It's hard to get a feel for the areas without having been. I know several people who have been to Rincon, and that is at the top of the list right now.

boston
Level Contributor
533 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: West Coast Questions-City/Town to Stay

I would stay in Rincon, no question. You will have a car so going to Isabella is really easy and going down to Cabo Rojo is a must and can also be done easily from Rincon. It's a pretty drive if you stay on the coastal road. You can take the highway but I don't go on vacation to sit on highways. There are many hotels in Rincon on the beach that suit your needs. Frankly I would take the one that offers the best deal. I've stayed at Tamboo (great local - a little loud) and Villa Cofresi (got a great deal - average/fine small hotel).

Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West Coast Questions-City/Town to Stay

If Rincon is you choise, have a look at:

www.surfrinconpr.com

www.rinconvacations.com

www.rincon.org

www.rinconpr.com

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: West Coast Questions-City/Town to Stay

When we go west, we stay in Rincon. We find the selection of restaurants and the ease of use for an English-language person refreshing.

We also enjoy staying in Guanica and Parguera, just for location of things we like to do in the SW part of the island. Never stayed in the NW part of the island, usually just drive to spots there while in Rincon.

Central Florida
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: West Coast Questions-City/Town to Stay

We've decided to stay in Rincon 4 nights and rent a townhouse in Landing View Village. Can't wait to check out the area.

Brooklyn NY
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West Coast Questions-City/Town to Stay

What did you think of Landing View Village?

6. Re: West Coast Questions-City/Town to Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2013, 13:53
Lenexa, Kansas
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: West Coast Questions-City/Town to Stay

I will admit that I am one of the few people who wasn't a big fan of Rincon. This is probably because our visit was during the winter and we are not surfers and we prefer places where you can walk around to shop and eat. Rincon seemed spread out to me. We loved the road trip to Cabo Rojo. You can eat at a restaurant on the way that overlooks the ocean.

Are you wanting to drive to the west coast at night? We got stuck in traffic at night. We left San Juan at 3:30 and didn't arrive in Rincon until after 8:30.

8. Re: West Coast Questions-City/Town to Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 06:18