We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

telephone

Jordan Valley
Level Contributor
414 posts
259 reviews
Save Topic
telephone

As I am a UK citizen, excuse my ignorance in me asking if telephones in PR are classed as USA at USA rates?

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: telephone

The country code is the same as USA. When calling from the USA, PR is included in the long distance rate as any other state. However, if you plan to call to and from the UK, I would verify this information with your telephone and mobile companies, as they may have different rules.

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: telephone

It is not an ignorant question. Sometimes you need a degree in astrophysics to figure it out.

PR is on the US exchange system as are Canada and most of the islands. On many / most U.S. phone provider dialing plans, it is included at the same rate. However, being on the US exchange does not mean being on the same rate. Canada and Bahamas have different rates but are on the US exchange and not all US calling plans include PR. You should check with your provider.

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: telephone

You'll be able to make calls at a cheaper rate if you use one of those calling cards sold worldwide at street stands,pharmacies, cafeterias or bakeries.

boston
Level Contributor
561 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: telephone

I agree w sunmoonstars. Get a prepaid card and use it if needed. There is also free wifi everywhere so we found emailing to be a good option.

5. Re: telephone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 14:15