We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need eating ideas for two of our day trips

Reading...
Level Contributor
63 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Need eating ideas for two of our day trips

Last lingering question I have. We have two separate daytrips planned which take us to areas where I'm not sure of the food situations. Packing sandwiches is an option, but not if we don't have to. If anyone can provide specific recommendations for either of these areas, great. Otherwise, I'd just like an idea of what kind of food places are in the areas or on the way there and where to look for them. Both trips will be kind of grimy, so we'll want really casual. Starting point for both trips is Luquillo.

Orocovis. We're visiting Toro Verde. I think we pass by San Juan during the drive. Is there anything beyond San Juan that's casual but decent?

Arecibo. Acutally, Trip Advisor does list a few restaurants for this town, but do you know of anything that's really casual, but good? We'll be dirty, hot and tired from this trip. Nobody will want us in their 5- (or even 4- or 3-) star restaurants!

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need eating ideas for two of our day trips

Orocovis is famous for the fresh sausages made there , in Spanish, "Longanizas" . You should try Restaurant La Sombra on Road #156, km. 2.8 (road from Barranquitas to Orocovis) makes outstanding "arroz con longaniza" (rice with sausages) (telephone: 787-867-3583)

Edited: 30 May 2012, 22:22
El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need eating ideas for two of our day trips

There is a German restaurant, Casa Bavaria, on the way to Toro Verde that gets good reviews.

We like to stop at a panadaria and get sandwiches. They have all types- usually hot and cold made fresh on delicious bread. And cheap too! There is one right toward the first few miles on RT 681 on the north side of the street. We get it to go and picnic on the beach.

3. Re: Need eating ideas for two of our day trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 15:16