We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charlie Cars: A little worried?

Fort Pierce, Florida
Level Contributor
43 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Charlie Cars: A little worried?

I reserved online due to a large number of positive reviews here. A few weeks ago, I sent two consecutive emails to them just to make sure everything was kosher and never heard back. Today, I called all three phone numbers listed on their website and no one answered at any of them. Then I emailed them via their website and have not yet received a response.

Are they no longer in business? Is this a foreshadowing of trouble? Has anyone had any recent negative experiences?

Who should I look to at this late hour for a reputable company if they have gone belly-up? We arrive Friday! Eesh!

Edited: 06 June 2012, 19:02
King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,414 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charlie Cars: A little worried?

They are still in business. I'm not sure why they haven't replied as they are very professional and reliable.

Fort Pierce, Florida
Level Contributor
43 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charlie Cars: A little worried?

The "24- hour" phone number has not been answering all day. Is there something I need to know about calling PR from the States? I had heard it was just a long distance call, but is there some special code I need to dial before hand? Their 800 number doesn't connect at all.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,226 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charlie Cars: A little worried?

Nope. Same phone system. If you are worried just make another reservation with another company to be sure. They are a reputable company.

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charlie Cars: A little worried?

Charlie always gets great reviews here. Make sure you are dialing correctly.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charlie Cars: A little worried?

I just called (787) 728-2418 them and it worked- answered on the second ring.

Try again

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
242 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Charlie Cars: A little worried?

Charlie is a great company and we have used them a few times. I had no problem connecting to the 800 # a few minutes ago. Sometimes it takes awhile (like almost a minute) for the 800 # to connect but not always.

Fort Pierce, Florida
Level Contributor
43 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Charlie Cars: A little worried?

I finally got a hold of them! Hallelujah! Don't know what the issue was- entirely possible it was me. So excited to be in the air on our way in 24 hours!

Cruz Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
471 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Charlie Cars: A little worried?

Plannergirl,

Puerto Rico country code is the same as the US, 1-

9. Re: Charlie Cars: A little worried?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 00:40