We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Mina Trail

Reading...
Level Contributor
63 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
La Mina Trail

In PR now. Made a quick trip to El Yunque yesterday and will return tomorrow. One of us was sick yesterday. Parked at Paolo Colorado and tried to access Mina trail but closed for repairs. But later I thought maybe I should have looked closer maybe it was only partially closed. Anyone know for sure? Then tried to access trail down the road at Big Tree/La Mina and it was a madhouse, no parking whatsoever. Any advice? Prob just need to get there super early (ugh with the teenagers) unless I hear of other alternate parking or hikes to the falls. Thanks in advance!

San Juan Snorkel and Picnic Cruise
707 reviews
from US$83.00*
Culebra Day Trip by Catamaran from...
291 reviews
from US$113.00*
Special Offer
Old San Juan Sunset Sail
32 reviews
from US$66.50*
US$95.00
Old San Juan Walking Tour
202 reviews
from US$40.00*
El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Mina Trail

Yes- La Mina trail is closed for repairs.

The only way down to the falls is via Big Tree Trail.

Park only in designated parking spaces. It will be busy again today.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Mina Trail

Or try Juan Diego Falls.

Try to get there before 9:30am (before the tour buses). But weekdays it is less crazy than weekends.

3. Re: La Mina Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 10:16