We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from PR to Rincon

Charlottetown
8 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from PR to Rincon

Hi,

I will be arriving SJU (San Juan) at 10:30 PM on January 9. 2013 and from what I have already seen the only option would be a car rental. I am a senior travelling alone so feel pretty nervous driving at night and not know where I am going! Should I consider renting a room and drive in daylight and/or which car rental would you recommend price wise? Do you think there is any possibility that other passengers would be on the flight or is that too far fetched? There is no mention in the maps if the directions are from the airport, do you know if that is the case? I apprecicate any help you can give me.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
3,009 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from PR to Rincon

A simple Google maps search will give you turn by turn directions. If you have any night blindness, you need to think about staying over and leavinig in the morning. There could be other passangers traveling there, but many going to Rincon fly into Aguadilla.

Cruz Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
471 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from PR to Rincon

Hi, I would definitely get a room for the night. It's a long trip from San Juan to Rincon , about 3 to 4 hours.

You arrive at 10:30pm which means if you rented a car you probably would leave around midnight .

Charlottetown
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from PR to Rincon

Thank you very much for your advice. Yes, I have looked at Google maps which is clear but being alone and night driving is not my best. Do you know of any hotels in SJ that are 'budget'?

Charlottetown
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from PR to Rincon

Thanks for your advice. Do you have any idea where the rental car drop off is in the off chance I will rent a car. i.e. Rincon?

Also, can you recommend a budget hotel in SJ? I will also check people on my flight to see if anyone else is headed for Rincon.

Thanks again,

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from PR to Rincon

Where exactly are you staying in Rincon? Perhaps you can arrange for a transfer, more expensive, but convenient in your situation.

Since you are arriving so late in the evening, you could stay at the airport Best Western so you can save the taxi fare. Other options could be the Embassy, Hampton Inn or Verdanza hotel in Isla Verde.

Charlottetown
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from PR to Rincon

Hi and thanks for replying, I am staying at an apartment, Surf House Gallery a the following address. The owner has given me additional directions, twists and turns which will be difficult to navigate especially at night.

Apartment - Entire home/apt ·Colinas De Ensen Ada, Rincón, 00677, Puerto Rico Gallery,

What is a transfer?

Thanks also for the hotel recommendations.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from PR to Rincon

Just thought that if it was one of the hotels in the area you could arrange for an airport shuttle service from the hotel. But this is not an option since you are renting an apt.

I know the DE from Rincon has given some suggestions for recommended drivers. Do a search or just wait, I'm sure he will give you some suggestions shortly.

Charlottetown
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from PR to Rincon

Hi, my apologies for not getting back to sooner, I was out for the balance of the afternoon. Can you tell me what what the initials DE stand for?

Thanks.

Jackson, New...
Level Contributor
391 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation from PR to Rincon

I think it is "Destination Expert", a member of the forum with specific firsthand knowledge of a town or region.

Charlottetown
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation from PR to Rincon

Thanks not only for the answer but for your i.d. - gave me a big smile. When I decided to go to Rincon I had no idea it was so far afield and difficult getting there. I shall await hearing from the "DE".