We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gustazos Resort?

Mount Dora, Florida
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
243 reviews
Save Topic
Gustazos Resort?

We are planning a trip to Puerto Rico. Our principle objective is just to visit a Caribbean Island. We are not interested in any water activities apart from sitting on a beach, nor to we play golf.

One of the staff members in one of our favorite hotels is a native of Puerto Rico. He told us that staying on the east side of the island was much less expensive, and he specifically recommended a resort known as Gustazos.

I have tried to locate this resort using the web site he gave us, but the only thing I can locate is what appears to be a restaurant. The entire site is in Spanish, but I am sure there is no discussion of a hotel.

Does anyone know about this resort? In the alternative we would like suggestions for any hotel that provides clean rooms for reasonable rates. We do not need a four star resort hotel.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
10,517 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gustazos Resort?

Gustazos is an offer site like Groupon. They have offered a few resorts at a discounted rate. Maybe that's what your friend was refering to.

When they offer those resort deals it is usually for residents of PR and you have to show an id.

Try using Priceline. They often give the Wyndham Rio Mar (on the east side) or multiple San Juan hotels for less than 100 a night.

Edited: 07 August 2012, 18:52
Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gustazos Resort?

I agree with NY, maybe you got the name of the place and the website mixed up?

Mount Dora, Florida
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gustazos Resort?

I guess it is a mystery. Our friend took my iPhone & typed in the name of the resort. I don't think he was talking about a "Groupon" type of site because he talked about the rooms in the resort.

Doing some initial research and one source said that the average cost for a hotel room was $200/ night. Would you agree?

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
10,517 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gustazos Resort?

Depending on what exactly you are looking for, you can find hotels for less than 200 a night.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
10,517 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gustazos Resort?

Depending on what exactly you are looking for, you can find hotels for less than 200 a night.

If you have Facebook, do a search for the Gustazos site and scroll down to see if anything looks familiar.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gustazos Resort?

There is no such thing as a Gustazo Resort. It's a Web site offering discount coupons for services, Restaurants, Hotels and other Goods

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gustazos Resort?

NYtoParis and Bunny is correct. Gustazos is a coupon website. Recently they had an offer for Intercontinental Hotel (Isla Verde) and Hacienda El Jibarito (San Sebastian).

Barranquitas
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Gustazos Resort?

Any resort in lajas_

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gustazos Resort?

Maria, can you give us a couple details on your rquest?

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gustazos Resort?

Right now Gustazos has very good offers for Gran Melia Resort in Rio Grande. You may check them here: http://www.gustazos.com/.