We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Verde or Fajardo?

New York
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Isla Verde or Fajardo?

Hi..

Going to Puerto Rico to celebrate a my sisters30th bday id December.. Which location will be better for a co-ed group of 10 all in early to mid 30's...

Cruz Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
471 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isla Verde or Fajardo?

I would pick Isla Verde it's a lot more lively then Fajardo with it's restaurants and night life.

It's also right next to the airport

2. Re: Isla Verde or Fajardo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 August 2012, 15:53
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,073 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Isla Verde or Fajardo?

Condado or Isla Verde. Do Fajardo as a day trip.

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Isla Verde or Fajardo?

Isla Verde is in San Juan. It is in fact the nicest beach of San Juan and depending on where in Isla Verde you are staying you could have has many restaurants within easy walking distance and there is always great nightlife. There are also supermarkets and drug stores, as well as an inexpensive public bus system. A stay in Isla Verde is mostly a stay to be at the beach during the day, enjoying its beach bars and enjoying its nightlife.

Fajardo is on the east coast. It is a different type of vacation in terms that there is a lot of things to do other than just laying on the beach. The east coast has lots of nature oriented like hiking at El Yunque Forest, dipping in their waterfalls, river tubing, zip lining across the forest, doing mountain bike or ATV along the shallow banks of the river. The east coast also has the biobay lagoon where you can do a night trip by kayak or electric boat. A trip to Puerto Rico is not complete without a day trip to Vieques and Culebra islands. The east coast has the ferry dock as well as the Ceiba airport (if you prefer to go by plane). Ferry costs only $4.50 roundtrip per person. During the night the east coast does not have nightlife. There are many great inexpensive restaurants with lots of character where you can dine watching the waves (Boardriders Rum Shack), there are the very popular Luquillo kiosks. Many of these restaurants are informal where the owner is there to serve you and the chef many times comes to your table to see how you liked his meal. It is a very different experience from staying in the city.

If you are leaning over the east coast, I believe that the towns or Rio Grande and Luquillo are more fun, charming and more strategic locations than Fajardo.

Whichever you end up choosing I am sure you will enjoy our island very much!

New York
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Isla Verde or Fajardo?

Thanks!! Thinking about staying in isla verde but I heard the beach are not as nice

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Isla Verde or Fajardo?

Isla Verde has the nicest beach of San Juan. It is a beautiful turquoise color beach with very mild waves. Just type “Isla Verde Beach” at any search engine and you will see how nice it is. It is not only pretty, but it also has water sports, beach cafes and it is very lively. If you are looking for an unspoiled, crystal clear beach then you will need to head to Vieques. You can also do Vieques as day trip.

New York
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Isla Verde or Fajardo?

oh wow!! I guess Isla verde it is.. thanks!!!

8. Re: Isla Verde or Fajardo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 19:16