We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Puerto Rican Resort Area for Gay Couples

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best Puerto Rican Resort Area for Gay Couples

My partner and I are planning a trip to Puerto Rico next March to celebrate a 50th birthday and our anniversary. Can anyone give us some input on nice beach resorts/areas in PR that are gay-friendly. Don't need a lot of nightlife or bars, just an area that we feel comfortable in. Thanks in advance for your help!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,222 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Puerto Rican Resort Area for Gay Couples

I'm sure you will get some specific suggestions. But in general PR is pretty Gay freindly. So you should feel comfortable just about anywhere.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,383 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Puerto Rican Resort Area for Gay Couples

Ocean Park seems to be the spot. But as mentioned above, PR is Gay friendly. You'll be welcome anywhere you choose to stay.

Have fun!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
3,009 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Puerto Rican Resort Area for Gay Couples

You might want to check out this link.

http://puertorico.gaycities.com/

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Puerto Rican Resort Area for Gay Couples

Ocean Park area in San Juan or Vieques (Hix or the W)

Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Puerto Rican Resort Area for Gay Couples

Dale,

Ocean Park, Condado are very gay friendly. However they are located in the San Juan Metro area. Great gay night clubs, restaurants, ect... If you are I steered in a low key Carribean vacation, you may want to think of Rincon. www.rincon.org

www.rinconpr.com

www.rinconvacations.com

www.surfrinconpr.com

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Puerto Rican Resort Area for Gay Couples

Vieques

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Puerto Rican Resort Area for Gay Couples

I'd recomend Vieques, too. It's a tiny island just east of Puerto Rico's main island. And there's a bioluminescent bay there, which is absolutely magical. Something everyone should experience. I blogged about it. In the blog post I also embedded a video someone made of bioluminescence, so you can see what I mean.

godetour.com/blog/…

Valdosta, Georgia
Level Contributor
34 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Puerto Rican Resort Area for Gay Couples

You should definatly check out Vieques! It has been voted in the top five gay friendly islands in the caribbean! It also has some of the best beaches in PR. I spent a week there with my very best friends who happen to be gay. They said they had never felt more comfortable. There isn't much nightlife but we were always the only ones on the beach! We loved it!! Hope you have a blast! You must rent a car in Vieques tho...

Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Puerto Rican Resort Area for Gay Couples

Hi Dale,

Vieques, It has been voted in the top five gay friendly place to visit in the Carribean. We have been ther serval times, loved Viegues...Although "Gay Friendly", ther are no real gay resturants(Not a proplem-Everyone is OK with gay...), No gay hang-outs(Again Not a problem...Everyone, and Yes Eveyrone is OK with gay). Although we would not kiss on the beach or in any resturants...Yes, others have/do....Alot of gay owened Guest Houses:

Also gay friendly is not also "Gay Friendly" Monet is Money.... Have a look at:

www.purpleroofs.com/caribbean/puertorico.html

10. Re: Best Puerto Rican Resort Area for Gay Couples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 10:21