We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a ffew more questions

Cleves, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
a ffew more questions

Getting very excited for our upcoming trip on Friday to PR. I have two questions. what are gas prices like right now and are there a lot of mosquitos? Asi I was packing last night I was wondering aboout this and whether to pack bug spray or not.. Thanks for any input.

San Juan Snorkel and Picnic Cruise
707 reviews
from US$83.00*
Culebra Day Trip by Catamaran from...
291 reviews
from US$113.00*
Special Offer
Old San Juan Sunset Sail
32 reviews
from US$66.50*
US$95.00
Old San Juan Walking Tour
202 reviews
from US$40.00*
San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a ffew more questions

Ye, there are mosquitos buzzzzzing around. Instead of packing bug spray, buy it here at any supermarket or pharmacy. Gas prices have been going up the last 2 weeks, around .$0.97 per liter regular and around $1.08 premium.

Edited: 16 September 2012, 18:25
Cleves, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a ffew more questions

ok thanks....... I was tired obviously....... I meant a few not ffew

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a ffew more questions

Mosquitos are not to back if you stay on the northern beaches. There is a constant trade wind that keeps them away. But it is the tropics. As suggested just pick up what you need locally.

Cleves, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a ffew more questions

We are staying in Luquillo. I have some organic bug spray that I use that seems to work. Living in Ohio we have a bad mosquito issue.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: a ffew more questions

It's always suggested to use something with Deet in PR.

6. Re: a ffew more questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2013, 10:18