We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Traveler Help

Austin, Texas
11 posts
Save Topic
Single Traveler Help

I am a single traveler looking to go to PR in April or May 2013. I would love to hear your recommendations for hotels and small group guided tours. I will have a slightly limited budget and want to make sure I am staying in a safe and convenient hotel.

Thanks everyone!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single Traveler Help

What do you want to do?

What do you want to see?

Where do you want to go?

San Juan
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Single Traveler Help

There’s a Holiday Inn Express located in a good area of Condado if you’re on a smaller budget.

Austin, Texas
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Single Traveler Help

Dolphingvp,

El Yunque National Rainforest, El Morro and Parque de las Cavernas del Rio Camuy are the things I want to see. Probably do a tour of old San Juan.

Of course I'm open for suggestions as well.

And thanks AleksR!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single Traveler Help

Ok so we are looking at a north coast location. Do you want to be in a small place or a larger hotel or resort? Do you mind spliting your stay between two places?

You can do Cavernas del Rio Camuy in a morning, while your there you can also go to the National Radio Telescope. The cave of the Indian is also in the same area. There is another cave near there but right now I can't think of the name.

El Yunque is a solid 1/2 day or more depending on how much climbing you want to do. El Morro you can do on the same day your doing Old San Juan.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Single Traveler Help

Cueva Ventana (The Window Cave) is the one I could not think of the name before.

Austin, Texas
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Single Traveler Help

I would like to stay in one place and don't want to rent a car.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Single Traveler Help

Without a car it will be next to impossible to do anything. The taxi's are expensive and the bus system is not always reliable. For example to get to the caves you have to get there I would say before 10:30 in the morning. They only let so many people in then close the gates for the day. A public bus will take hours to get there.

You could possibly do El Yunque with a tour that might pick you up at the hotel. But with no car you are going to need a taxi for everything. Remember Puerto Rico is not place like a Sandals where you don't leave the compound. Puerto Rico is an island where most everything is spread out all over.

Austin, Texas
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Single Traveler Help

I realize it's not like Sandals or an inclusive island type place.

Thanks for your time & help

9. Re: Single Traveler Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2013, 10:17