We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather?!?

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
528 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Current weather?!?

I know about the "30 percent rain" forecast in tropical areas not meaning much -- but it looks like the next week looks worse than that..... We arrive on Saturday Oct 13th for the week.... Anyone know about any storms in the area or anything that may be affecting the weather pattern for the next week or so?!? I hope it's not more rainy than usual!!!

Thanks!

Bedford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current weather?!?

October is a rainy month.

Feel free to check my PR weather page.

We have direct real time feeds from NOAA, GOES, etc.

…homestead.com/weather.html

There is something showing on the potential tropical cyclone map. 48 hours should tell the tale.

Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current weather?!?

Here in Rincon, the far west cost of the island, it has been raining every day around 3:30pm or 4:00pm in the afternoon, for about 45 minutes. That said, the next town over may Not have rain for 3 days. Where on the island, will you be visiting? That also depends on how often and how much rain. Not to worry, you will have plenty of activities to do during the rain, no matter where you are visting.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
528 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current weather?!?

Sorry - should have specified..... San Juan. Isla Verde area. It just looks more rainy than I've seen the last times I've been there and didn't think we would have lots of clouds and rain this time....

Bedford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current weather?!?

Our site covers the entire island. That is why you can see the tropical wave out from Barbados.

In some months there is just more rain than others. Its not local to a specific area when you have a rainy month, it can happen anywhere.

Look at this link and you can see the three highest rain months.

weather-and-climate.com/…Puerto-Rico

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
8,887 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current weather?!?

It has been raining heavily everyday for 30min each afternoon, then it clears up. The mornings have been sunny. Next week there might be more of the same, but don't worry, it clears up fast.

Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current weather?!?

There will be rain, no worries....The rain moves on. Enjoy shopping, eatting, sitting under a covered area. You will have a Great time.

Bedford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current weather?!?

Wave is still there, they are still saying 48 hours. However you can now begin to see it on the enhanced GOES image, in the lower right.

Bedford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current weather?!?

Take a look here:

You see the two to the north, no issue. The the one that is a maybe to the East.

ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/tatl/flash-avn.html

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current weather?!?

Right now at the metro area it is LOUSY... raining every few hours, gray cloudy sky, seems the long weekend will be wet, soup, sancocho or chicken asopao is in order!

Petaluma
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Current weather?!?

My wife and I will be staying in Humacao this next week. We're expecting rain, and not too troubled by it as long as we still get to go on our kayaking and snorkeling trips. Are there any activities you'd recommend for days that the rainy weather is especially bad and makes kayaking, snorkeling and hiking not an option? We dont have to stay in Humacao, we dont mind driving to San Juan or Fajardo if need be. Is there much to do on a Sunday in the cities or are things pretty dead?

Thanks in advance