We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quaint beach resort on the main island ?

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Quaint beach resort on the main island ?

Coming to PR for the first time in early December, after searching quite a bit I am unable to find a nice quaint smallish resort on a nice beach. Not looking for 500 plus room type places, I see a couple on Vieques but due to our last minute arrival they are mostly booked.

Any ideas ?

Thanks ! In advance -

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,172 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quaint beach resort on the main island ?

When we want to get away we will sometimes stay at the Caribe Playa Beach Resrot in Patillas.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quaint beach resort on the main island ?

Try Googling boutique hotels

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quaint beach resort on the main island ?

Thanks for the rec on Caribe, although the reviews are a bit sketchy.

Google yes done that, looking for real-world feedback though -

Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quaint beach resort on the main island ?

Hi Srgsx,

Rincon is a small beach town, on the far west side of the island. Rincon, has no stop lights, no chain resturants, & no chain hotels. Have a look at:

www.rincon.org

www.rinconpr.com

www.surfrinconpr.com

www.rinconvacations.com

The north part of town is known for surfing, while the south part of town has great swimming beaches. You can surf/learn to surf, horse back ridding on the beach, sunsets over the Carribean, snorkeling, diving, relaxing on the beach. Hope this helps.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,172 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quaint beach resort on the main island ?

Some people will never be happy. They want a 4 star resort for $100 a night. People had a hard time finding it. Well welcome to Puerto Rico. Unless I know where I am going, I have a hard time finding things.

Rincon is very nice also. If you want an upscale 5 star hotel, small and quaint. Check on the Horned Dorset. Lux. http://www.horneddorset.com/home.html

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quaint beach resort on the main island ?

Great, thanks for the Rincon tips - I think this is what we were looking for.

boston
Level Contributor
554 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Quaint beach resort on the main island ?

Another vote for Rincon. You can find a small hotel right on the beach. There is a wide range of prices. Something will fit the bill.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quaint beach resort on the main island ?

Hotel La Playa, right in Isla Verde

Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quaint beach resort on the main island ?

Isla Verde is with In the metro areara, not a quite place to relax & totaly enjoy Puerto Rico. Great for night life & clubs, although, to enjoy the Carribean relaxed life, you need to explore the island , & not just San Juan. San Juan, OldSan Juan, is a must, however San Juan is A Metro-City, with a beach. There is so more to Puerto Rico, than San Juan....Thank you,for thinking for a Carribean vacation, and not just tourist places....Enjoy Puerto Rico, for All we have.

10. Re: Quaint beach resort on the main island ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2013, 10:17