We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

público and bio-bay

mumbai
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
público and bio-bay

Ill be traveling alone next week to PR and I don't have a driving license in US. So, público seems to be the best and the only option for me to commute around PR.

So my first question is - How reliable are Públicos?

Additionally, how hard or easy is it to get a Publico from places like El Yunque to OSJ. Even if it means taking the Publico back alone.

2. Which bio-bay is better? The one in Fajardo or the one in Isla de Vieques?

Ill have an extra day in OSJ. Let me know if y'all want to hang out together.

Rock On!

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: público and bio-bay

First of all, where are you staying?

mumbai
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: público and bio-bay

San Juan

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,765 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: público and bio-bay

The public transportation system is not good. Outside SJ area It doesn't really run on a set schedule like other places...the Publicos go when enough people show up for a ride.

Biobay-

While it is possible to get to Fajardo via a public bus and then a Publico then a walk/taxi to biobay area, it is not feasible. Besides the time it would take to get there, I don't think the Publico run after the tour is over.

Your best bet is to go with a tour company that will provide transportation (usually about $20 RT).

El Yunque-The Publico can drop you off close to the bottom of the hill at El Yunque, but then you would need to walk 8 miles up a winding road that has a lot of traffic and no sidewalk (not recommended).

You can easily get a tour for about $40 pp if you walk to the cruise ship area when the cruise ships arrive.

4. Re: público and bio-bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 05:15