We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 questions-- airport transfers and bio bay tour

minneapolis
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2 questions-- airport transfers and bio bay tour

Hi-

A group of 8-- should we book our Bio Bay tour in advance. We ant to do a Kayak tour by Fajardo??

And do most people take cabs from airport to hotel? WE are staying at the La Concha (there is 8 of us)? or should I arrange transportation ahead of time?

Thanks for your input. Its our first time to PR.

Spread Eagle II
Sightseeing Tours
Salty Dog Catamaran
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Fun Cat Catamaran
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 questions-- airport transfers and bio bay tour

Yes, always reserve a biobay tour in advance and yes there are taxis waiting outside the arrival terminal at the airport. You will need a van and it will cost $15.00 + $2.00 per person over 5 persons + $1.00 per bag.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 questions-- airport transfers and bio bay tour

There is a maximum of 7 people per taxi. You would need to get 2 cabs for the 8 people. But I think that still will be cheaper than getting a pre-arranged transfer with a tour company with a larger van.

For 8 people, you should reserve in advance as I assume you all want to make sure you are on the same tour.

Edited: 28 January 2013, 23:03
Royal Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 questions-- airport transfers and bio bay tour

Just to clarify. No need to do anything in advance from SJU to La Concha.

The cabs are lined up right outside baggage pickup and a dispatcher there to give you and the cab a slip with the allowed price.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 questions-- airport transfers and bio bay tour

Oops- yes, I meant for the biobay tour to reserve in advance. The taxis are all lined up at the airport ready for you without any reservations needed.

5. Re: 2 questions-- airport transfers and bio bay tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 06:17