We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what's diffrent from condado or isla verde?

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
what's diffrent from condado or isla verde?

Planning on a week with my husband and I am having a little difficulty deciding between isla verde or condado. How are the beaches in diffrence, and which hotel is nicer ? Someone please advise...I am looking to decide between Caribe Hilton, Marriott Stellaris, or The Courtyard in Isla Verde

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what's diffrent from condado or isla verde?

The Marriott Stellaris is the best of the three, but the Courtyard by Marriott has the best beach of the three.

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: what's diffrent from condado or isla verde?

So the Marriott is not an isla verde beach resort?

It's condado?

Is there close by areas to visit n eat. How about the bus trips r they available?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what's diffrent from condado or isla verde?

Caribe Hilton is not really Condado. You could walk from the Hilton to Condado, but it is not in it. When we were planning our trip I was told stay in Isla Verde if the priority is the better beach. If you want to be in a neighborhood with more options for eating, drinking and shopping in walking distance go with Condado. We stayed at La Concha in Condado, right down the street from the Marriott and really liked it. There were plenty of places in walking distance, the beach was nice but certainly not the nicest I have been to but I would definitely stay there again if/when we return to San Juan. Old San Juan was an easy cab ride away or you can take the bus.

Edited: 26 February 2013, 02:35
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: what's diffrent from condado or isla verde?

The two areas are similar to Miami. Isla Verde isbasically a wide busy street which is lined with high rise condos ( and the hotels) so that the beach cannot be viewed from the street, thus its like North Miami or Hollywood. The Condado is more of a neighborhood, the Streets are not as wide and the beach is visible between buildings. There are many more shops and restaurants in cloose proximity. Both the Caribe Hilton and the Courtyard by Marriot are somewhat isolated and each is a "trek" to reach by foot. For a first time visit, the Condado is easily the best location and the Stellaris is a nice hotel.

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: what's diffrent from condado or isla verde?

Thank you so much for your input :)

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: what's diffrent from condado or isla verde?

Thnak yuou :)

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what's diffrent from condado or isla verde?

Isla Verde beach is far nicer than Condado Beach with is rough. If you are a beach person, I would stay in Isla Verde and just visit Condado which is 10 minute car drive away.

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: what's diffrent from condado or isla verde?

Okay so the Marriott hotel is that considered in isla verde beach or condado ?

boston
Level Contributor
561 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: what's diffrent from condado or isla verde?

There are several Marriott hotels. Stellaris. Courtyard. LaConcha. If you map them you can see where they are. The only on on Isle Verde beach is the courtyard but their location on the beach is not great. Isle Verde is a better beach and IMO either El San Juan or Intercontinenal are the better hotels for amenities and location on the beach.

10. Re: what's diffrent from condado or isla verde?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 06:16