We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do i have enough layover time?

Philipsburg, St...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Do i have enough layover time?

I'm flying jetblue from SXM to SJU to MCO

In San Juan i have a 1 hour and 30 minute layover and i want to know if i have enough time? Any tips? I also want to grab something to eat because it will be around dinner time by then. I do know i have to take my bags off the belt too.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,933 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do i have enough layover time?

A 90 minute connecting time on your way back from the Caribbean is doable but you are cutting it close. You'll probably use 45 to 60 minutes deplaning, clearing Immigrations, getting your luggage, clearing customs, rechecking your bags, clearing the TSA Security checkpoint and getting to your departure gate. You connecting flight will begin boarding 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure meaning at most you'll have 15 to 20 minutes "free time". If you are luckily you'll have enough time to grab a hot dog or pre-made sandwich at one of the snack bars. Sorry, you probably WON'T have time for a "sit down" meal.

Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do i have enough layover time?

Hi , im hiimkian and thanks for the comment.

I actually live in St.Maarten so i have done this route before but i did the other flights with a 2 hour and 30 minute layover. First time doing this kind of 'quick connection'

3. Re: Do i have enough layover time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 07:17