We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Parguera or Boqueron for Sunday Night Stay?

Pass Christian...
Level Contributor
168 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
La Parguera or Boqueron for Sunday Night Stay?

We plan to fly from SJU to Mayaguez on Thursday and spend three nights in Rincon at the Blue Boy Inn. The plan was to leave Rincon on Sunday morning and drive to either Boqueron or La Paraguera for one night. Which town would be the best bet for fun on Sunday? Whichever one we choose, the plan is to stay in each town for one night and then head back to Mayaguez on Tuesday to fly back to SJU. Is this a good plan, or should we just pick one and stay put for the two nights? Both look very interesting, so I kinda wanted to experience both. Thanks!!

Beth

Bedford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Parguera or Boqueron for Sunday Night Stay?

La Parguera I feel is more laid back, where Boquerón is more a party town.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
162 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Parguera or Boqueron for Sunday Night Stay?

Parguera is a bit of party place just as Boqueron

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Parguera or Boqueron for Sunday Night Stay?

Boqueron has a public beach area with facilities. La Parquera does not have a beach, but is right on the coast. The entire coastline is bordered with mangrove trees.

Pass Christian...
Level Contributor
168 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Parguera or Boqueron for Sunday Night Stay?

I loved the look of the mangroves and thought it might be fun to hire a boat or rent one and go exploring. Just not sure if it will be too much to try to do both towns or if we should just stay put in Boqueron.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
255 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Parguera or Boqueron for Sunday Night Stay?

We passed through Boqueron on a Tuesday late afternoon en route back to Rincon from Caguas. The intention was to stop for dinner. The entire area was shut down - literally. It was like a ghost town. Being divers, we stopped at the local dive shop to ask for recommendations. We were told that Friday and Saturday were the best days to be in Boqueron and they suggested we head up to Joyuda, which we did, finding open restaurants, but still a ghost town like atmosphere. Just a head's up if you aren't planning on being there Fri or Sat.

Pass Christian...
Level Contributor
168 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Parguera or Boqueron for Sunday Night Stay?

I had read that the early weekdays were pretty quiet ... thought I had read something that Sundays were still a little bit lively though.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Parguera or Boqueron for Sunday Night Stay?

Is not really far from Parguera to Cabo Rojo. During school days is quite, weekends during the day it could be filled in few spots and some days are not.. I went to Parguera not long ago, and was good as far renting boats since it was not that many visitors

I liked both places, but as explorer explained Lajas is all about mangroves trees.

8. Re: La Parguera or Boqueron for Sunday Night Stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 06:17