We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuck with itinerary! Help and advice really appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Stuck with itinerary! Help and advice really appreciated.

Hi everyone. We will be visiting this beautiful island from the 21st December until 5 January (2 full weeks). We are looking forward to it and really enjoying researching but now I am stuck! Help please, below is our itinerary. I will ask the questions after the itinerary:

Day 1: Land in San Juan very late

Day 2: San Juan

Day 3: San Juan

Day 4: Trip to Camuy cave? (need to look into it)

Day5: Fly from Isla Grande to Vieques

Day 6: Vieques

Day 7: Vieques

Day 8: Fly to Ceiba, then to Culebra

Day 9: Culebra

Day 10: Culebra

Day 11: Fly back to Isla Grande in the morning for New Years eve celebrations

Day 12: San Juan (sleep and beach time after a night of partying)

Day 13: ???

Day 14: ???

Day 15: ???

Day 16: Nooooo fly back to the UK :-(

1. I would like to book the flights for Vieques, Ceiba and Culebra now. Is it safe to do so so early? We will probably fly with either Vieques Air Link or Air Flamenco, any preference from past customers?

2. I have left 3 hours and 20 minutes between the flights from Vieques to Ceiba and Ceiba to Culebra (day 8), is this enough time?

3. Day 13 to 15 are free, I would like to visit the west part of the Island. Any recommendation? I have been looking at Cabo Rojo, any opinions?

4. Any suggestions where to spend New Years Eve, good food, good entertainment and great dancing?

5. If we follow this itinerary, we will arrive in Vieques on the 25th December, will everything be closed or will there be few restaurants/shops open? (we don't need anything fancy)

Thank in advance for your answers

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,143 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stuck with itinerary! Help and advice really appreciated.

You can spend your last few days on the west side, stop at Guavate for some roasted pork and the traditional fixings, then continue on.

Or you can head to El Yunque, do the bio bay, spend the night in that area, and head back to San Juan on day 15.

I'll leave the other questions to someone with more experience on Vieques and Culebra.

London, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stuck with itinerary! Help and advice really appreciated.

Thanks. The stop at Guavate sounds great. I will definitely look into this!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
111 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stuck with itinerary! Help and advice really appreciated.

I just got back from Vieques and PR and I have to say we spent 5 days in Vieques and we were just getting settled into it on the 4th day. I would caution you that travel time between things takes much more time than I am use to and might limit the time you really have places. You might want to just pick Vieques or just pick Culebra....but that is just my opinion.

London, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stuck with itinerary! Help and advice really appreciated.

Thanks. I had booked the flights for Vieques and Culebra before seeing your message. We will be spending 4 days on each island. And Flamenco Air offers a flight directly from Vieques to Culebra so I think we will be fine timewise. Plus if we do not get enough time to see everything, it will be a great excuse to visit again ;-)

Any help/advice on my other questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

5. Re: Stuck with itinerary! Help and advice really appreciated.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2014, 06:16