We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Six nights between El Yunque & Culebra.. your thoughts?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
380 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Six nights between El Yunque & Culebra.. your thoughts?

Hello,

I have six nights to divide between these 2 x places. I was thinking of going 3 nights in each place, unless anyone has another suggestion? I don't want us to be 'bored' & we would like some relaxation time in there. We will be flying from Culebra to Ceiba & will hire a car at both locations.

Is 3 x nights in El Yunque enough/too much? We were thinking of doing some hikes, ATV tour, some outlet shopping, Island hopping & the biobay.

Is 3 x nights in Culebra enough / too much? Flamenco beach, Culebrita, & beach time...

Thank you for your input!

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Six nights between El Yunque & Culebra.. your thoughts?

We live in Rio Grande, at the edge of El Yunque -- we've not run out of things to do in almost 8 years.

We enjoy going to Culebra -- we have found that 2 nights (fly over early the first day, and fly home late the last day) is about the right amount of time. That gives us almost 3 full days there.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
380 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Six nights between El Yunque & Culebra.. your thoughts?

That's great to hear!

In addition to my list is there anything that you would recommend?

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,834 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Six nights between El Yunque & Culebra.. your thoughts?

Your plan looks fine. Looks like you filled your time near Rio Grande well.

Culebra to me is all about the snorkeling, so either buy or rent equipment for that portion. Other people like just laying on the beach. Kayaking to Luis Pena was cool- a little beach, a little snorkeling, and some hiking (depending on where you kayak to).

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Six nights between El Yunque & Culebra.. your thoughts?

We've posted a suggested itinerary in our blog for 3 days on Culebra ... www.puertoricodaytrips.com/culebra-itinerary/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
380 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Six nights between El Yunque & Culebra.. your thoughts?

Your website is the best. I have spent hours drooling over all of the information you have collated. So thank you.

My recent find is that I am confident we won't need a tour for snorkelling in Culebra thanks to your article!

puertoricodaytrips.com/culebra-snorkeling/

These dry bags.. can they be purchased in PR easily?

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,834 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Six nights between El Yunque & Culebra.. your thoughts?

We found dry bags at West Marina on RT 3 westbound in Fajardo.

You can get them online at many sporting goods stores also.

7. Re: Six nights between El Yunque & Culebra.. your thoughts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 07:17