We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June heat

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
June heat

Hello,

Considering a trip to Puerto Rico in late June/early July. Not really worried about rain, more about intense heat. My Puerto Rican friends are warning it will be very very hot at that time, is there anyone from the mainland US who has visited at that time who could compare it to how it feels back home?

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June heat

It will be hot in the 95. In the North to east it is very humid and down South very dry heat. It does not really cool down much in the evening unless you are right by the beach to get the ocean breeze or in the Mountains where it is cooler too

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,437 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June heat

Would help knowing where are you from....

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June heat

The average temperatures in PR are 84 high 70 low in February and 89 high 76 low in June. It is hotter but not dramatically so. The warmest temp ever recorded in July was 97. The higher humidity in the summer is probably worse than the actual temperature.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,414 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June heat

"The warmest temp ever recorded in July was 97."

I'm not sure about that. I was in PR 2 weeks ago. It was in the 90s most of the time. When I lived there it was usually high 90-100 degrees in July.

Edited: 24 May 2013, 14:11
usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June heat

I was there in June of last year (2012) only because some friends insisted on going at that time and wanted me to be their guide. I NEVER go to PR in the summertime because it is very hot and the humidity is high, even at night. We traveled the island and the mountains were all shrouded in humidity and visibility was nil which was a drag.

Edited: 24 May 2013, 20:13
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,226 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: June heat

It's all relative. The temps are tempered by the trade winds off the atlantic, both summer and winter. I've gone from 90/100 in Cleveland in July to 85/90 in PR and found it refreshing. Another 10 degrees cooler up in the mountains.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: June heat

The humidity is what makes the difference.

8. Re: June heat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2014, 06:16