We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Culebra- day trip

Glenville, New York
Level Contributor
45 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Culebra- day trip

I will be staying in Puerto Rico in July, in san juan. I want to go to Culebra for the day and want to fly because I heard taking a ferry is a pain. My fiancé and I want to spend the day at flamenco beach. What is the best place to fly out of, we would like to spend as much time at Culebra as will allow. Is it too much flying there and back in the same day, I'd rather not spend the night. Also how early should we be at the airport before the planes take off? Thanks in advance!

Guaynabo, Puerto...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Culebra- day trip

You have 3 options - 2 in San Juan and another over at Ceiba (on east coast)

Isla Grande near (San Juan Convention Center)

San Juan Airport (main airport)

Ceiba Airport

Flights are not long I belive Vieques Air Link flies from all 3

I think your best bet would be to check options from Isla Grande as these should be cheaper than from the main San Juan airport

Easily doable in a Day and way quicker than driving over to the ferry

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Culebra- day trip

East Island Excursions does a snorkeling trip to Culebra for the day. It's not a bad option.

3. Re: Culebra- day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 07:17