We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My plans for my 6 days in Puerto Rico

nj
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Topic
My plans for my 6 days in Puerto Rico

After researching I have come up with this plan... would like opinions.

spend half time in san juan

spend other half in forjado

i looked at el conquistador but seeing its getting very bad reviews. i like the idea of palomino island and i want to take a day trip to culebra. any other hotel suggestions? would luquillo a better area to stay?

as far as san juan el san juan and la concha seemed to be decently located. are there places to eat outside of the hotel nearby? walking distance? dont want to be limited to hotel foods.

We are a 33 yr old couple. possibly renting a car.

I want to be able to go to other islands, explore old san juan, horeseback ride on the beach, spend a day possibly at el yunque and eat LOCAL FOODS. i dont want these hotel meals. i read about the kiosks coming out of luquillo on rt 3 i believe it was.

Plans are definite, wanted to run them past some people with more knowledge of the areas than me.

Thanks Everyone!

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,619 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My plans for my 6 days in Puerto Rico

Fajardo, Luquillo and Rio Grande are all close and a good base for trips to Culebra, Vieques, rainforest and biobay. You need a car while you are in this area and to get here from San Juan. Taxi will be expensive in the long run.

In San Juan, either hotel you mention is fine. Many restaurants at walking distance. Isla Verde might have a better beach than Condado, but the restaurants are better in Condado.

nj
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: My plans for my 6 days in Puerto Rico

with intercontinental, el san juan and la concha is there a shuttle that picks up in front of these hotels to take you into old san juan?

would i be just as well staying all 6 day in one of these hotels and doing day trips rainforest or culebra or vieques rather than staying in that area? is it a lot different or nicer staying at one of those base locations and taking trips to islands or rainforest?

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,619 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My plans for my 6 days in Puerto Rico

No shuttles. Taxi should be less than $15. You can take the bus during the day but it makes a 15min ride into 45min.

Yes, you could stay in SJ and then just do day trips. The rainforest is about 40min. To visit the islands, you can use the ferry during weekdays. On weekends, you could either show up early or fly from Ceiba (cheaper than SJU or Isla Grande, amd convenient if you already have a car). See other posts for more details and tips.

It is up to you whether you want to stay the entire time in the city and do day trips, or if you want to be more in the country side and have less travel time to see other sites.

4. Re: My plans for my 6 days in Puerto Rico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 06:16