We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling Trip?

Jackson, New...
Level Contributor
391 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling Trip?

OK I have read all the reviews and done my homework (checked the Moon Phase for Bio Bay). Now I want your insight and recommendation. We are big beach people, love snorkeling, and local culture. Not into Hard Rock Cafe's and Shopping. Traveling with our two boys 12 &14. Here is our itinerary, for next week. What did I miss or what great snorkeling spot should I head to?

Saturday June 29th

Arriv 4:05pm

Hertz Rental Car

Numero Uno Guest House

Sunday June 30

Numero Uno Guest House

El Morro (Castillo de San Felipe del Morro)

El Viejo San Juan

Monday July 1st

Sail “Ventajero” out of Fajardo 8am

Culebra: Flamenco Beach (Playa Flamenco), Carlos Rosario Beach

Culebrita: Playa Tortuga, Punta Soldado

Tuesday July 2nd

Ventajero

Wednesday July 3rd

Ventajero Depart Boat 5pm

Numero Uno Guest House

Thursday July 4th

Numero Uno Guest House

El Yunque National Rain Forest

Juan Diego Falls

Luquillo Beach: Balneario de Luquillo is East of the Kiosks

Bio Bay: 5:45pm Kayak Puerto Rico Las Croabas Park

Friday July 5th

Fly from San Juan 1:35pm

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,114 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling Trip?

Go early to the Rainforest. It will be crowded and hard to find parking. Take a cooler or drinks and snacks.They will do traffic control, which means if you get there too late, you may have to wait or get turned around. Luquillo is super crowded, I would skip and just enjoy the beach at Numero Uno.

Jackson, New...
Level Contributor
391 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling Trip?

What do you call early 8:30-9am ok or is that cutting it close?

It is a long day if we get to the rainforest at 8am and don't start the kayaking in Bio Bay till 5:45pm. I thought we would hit the Food Kiosks at Luquillo and hang out at the beach, but if it is crowded what should we do to relax in the afternoon on the east coast?

new york, ny
Level Contributor
43 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling Trip?

I saw that you scheduled flamenco beach, carlos rosario and culbebrita all for one day. flamenco and culebrita (playa tortuga) are some of the prettiest beaches I have been to. It seems though that it's a bit ambitious to squeeze into one day. We stayed on culebra and took a water taxi over to Culebrita. We were picked up promptly at 8am and then picked up from the island at 5pm. So it may not coordinate with your ferry schedule. I think it might be better to rent a car and split your time between flamenco beach/carlos rosario and then drive down to zoni beach.

Jackson, New...
Level Contributor
391 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling Trip?

No we are living on a sail boat for three days exploring culebrita.

Jackson, New...
Level Contributor
391 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling Trip?

What time should we get to the Rain Forest in the morning to beat the crowds?

6. Re: Snorkeling Trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 05:17