We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minimum check-in age in Puerto Rico

Poughkeepsie, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Minimum check-in age in Puerto Rico

Me and my friend want to go on a trip to Puerto Rico, but we are 18 years old. Will be able to check in or do you need someone that is 21 years old to check in. We want to stay at El Conquistador Hotel, so if you know the age requirement for it, that would be great.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Minimum check-in age in Puerto Rico

According to their website: www.elconresort.com you can reserve a room online if you are 18 years of age or older.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
8,891 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Minimum check-in age in Puerto Rico

You might get bored in El Conquistador, as it is more family oriented. No public transportation available. You need to take a taxi to outside venues, but not much of a nightlife out there. Is there a specific reason you want to stay at this resort?

Hopewell Junction...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Minimum check-in age in Puerto Rico

What hotels would you recommend? I was thinking of El Conquistador because of the price.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Minimum check-in age in Puerto Rico

If you are content with the amenities of the resort and you have a short stay, then its ok to stay there. The El Con is very popular. They have their own water park, private island and a large pool area. There are tours that you can take from there to the nearby biobay, an out island catamaran tour from the nearby Marina del Rey Marina and the rain forest tour.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
8,891 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Minimum check-in age in Puerto Rico

OP and 3, are you the same Matt?

El Con is on the expensive side, so for an 18yo I wonder what your budget is. Remember that you cannot rent a car (or can they?), so taxi fare will add up rather quickly, to/from airport, to outside restaurants, etc.

If you plan to do the above activities, like rainforest, biobay, zipline, then staying in the east will work for you. But if you are interested in nightlife like most 18 year olds, then this might not be the place. You should then stay in San Juan, eitherOSJ, Condado or Isla Verde.

Edited: 07 July 2013, 12:09
6. Re: Minimum check-in age in Puerto Rico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 06:18