We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zip line.. Are two tours too much or will we want more?

Hutchinson, Kansas
Level Contributor
50 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Zip line.. Are two tours too much or will we want more?

We have never zip lined/rappelled before but are pretty adventurous. We would love to do this activity while in PR. The various tours offered by different companies seem to all include some sort of zip line, rappelling down a waterfall, and some hiking. But they all seem to try to put their own spin on it. Are these tours different enough that we should dedicate 2 days (1 tour company per day) or will it seem repetitive? (Currently looking at ACAMPA classic toro negro and Rocaliza el salto full day tours.)

(Current plan is Day 1 - arrive and try for bio-bay, Day 2-transfer to Culebra & snorkel, Day 3-4 dive Culebra (ferry and taxi back to San Juan end of day 4) Day 5 - El Yunque and old San Juan, Day 6- 7 zip lines.)

Spread Eagle II
Sightseeing Tours
Salty Dog Catamaran
Sightseeing Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours
Fun Cat Catamaran
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zip line.. Are two tours too much or will we want more?

I suggest ziplining with Toro Verde zipline in Orocovis. The Bestia zipline is the best in PR and reputedly the second longest in the world and goes between two mountains. They also have other ziplines, rock climbing, rapelling, etc.

www.toroverde.com

You may want to check out a tour of San Cristobal Canyon which has a 200 ft waterfall that descends into the canyon or you may want to do the Rio Camuy Cave tour spelunking tour.

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zip line.. Are two tours too much or will we want more?

I agree with prexplorer's post. Toro Verde is what I would also recommend .

Based on your agenda I would just twick it a bit by one day zip line, one day El Yunque with Luquillo and kiosks maybe do a 4x4 tour or horseback riding in ( hacienda Carabali), two days OSJ to cover El Morro and the Bacardi distillery tour. In OSJ. You can also do Segway tours or paddle boarding on the Condado lagoon (velauno.com)

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,837 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zip line.. Are two tours too much or will we want more?

Just due to the height and length of them, Toro Verde zipline is great. The rope course/bridges are cool too. So if the best ziplining experience is what you want, then do that one. But then I would still do another adventure activity in a river. Amazing stuff and great pictures! Check out canyoning in El Yunque or San Cristobal Canyon. Probably 2 of my favorite adventures so far in PR. I also really enjoyed Rocaliza rappeling down a waterfall plus some ziplines and hikes.

While enjoy horseback riding, Segway, ATV, they don't give me the heart pumping adrenaline of one of the canyoning trips.

Hutchinson, Kansas
Level Contributor
50 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zip line.. Are two tours too much or will we want more?

Thank you! You have given us some great ideas!

5. Re: Zip line.. Are two tours too much or will we want more?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 06:18