We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to locate

parrish
Level Contributor
287 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
where to locate

For our stay in the San Juan area we had pretty much decided on Isle Verde versus Condado because everyone says the beaches are nicer. Now I am reading about Ocean Park which is in between the two.areas. so how does this area compare with Isle Verde. We want a resort type place right on the beach.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to locate

There are no large resorts in Ocean Park. It's mainly a residential area with some boutique hotels. There are hotels in San Juan, not really large scale resorts that many people envision.

Edited: 19 July 2013, 00:37
parrish
Level Contributor
287 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to locate

very helpful. thanks which hotel on the beach in Isle Verde would you recommend. We plan to stay there a couple of nights and then relocate over toward Rio Grande for our east coast activities.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to locate

Rio Grande is not far from San Juan about 45 minutes or so. I don't know if it is worth the trouble to stay at two locations within so short a distance unless you are staying in PR for more than a week. In San Juan I recommend the Intercontinental, the El San Juan hotel or the Ritz Carlton.

parrish
Level Contributor
287 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to locate

since we arrive at 5pm I thought it best to stay in San Juan rather than drive east after dark plus we want to go to toro verde the first full day we are there which looks much closer to San Juan than the east side. But then many of our activities are east like the rain forest and snorkeling and the bio bay. Thoughts?

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to locate

Staying in Isla Verde area would only add about 5-10 min to the Toro Verde drive, so is really not that much.

On map looks farther, but this drive is done on expressway so really not that much.

From Isla Verde to Fajardo is about 40-45 min.

From Isla verde to El Yunque , 30-35 min

Fairly good drives all of them. I think Isla verde is a good mid point for all your activities. Nice beach, restaurant , convenience stores all nearby and walkable.

6. Re: where to locate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 07:24