We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Puerto Rico in Dec 2013or Jan 2014

Connecticut
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Puerto Rico in Dec 2013or Jan 2014

We are going to Puerto Rico for a vacation, but also visiting a family who lives in Arroyo. Where would you recommend we stay so we are not too far from Arroyo. We will rent a car. I do want a nice beach side resort, would love an all inclusive if there is one. We are active, enjoy water sports, hiking and golf. Does anyone have any recommendations for us. Thank you Carol

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
883 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Puerto Rico in Dec 2013or Jan 2014

There are no All Inclusive in Puerto Rico and even if there were any it's not going to be worth the cost. There was one at one point, it was very expensive and the idea did not work.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
162 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Puerto Rico in Dec 2013or Jan 2014

The closes beach front hotel to Arroyo is in Yabucoa, Parador Costa del Mar. It will approximately a 1hr drive

Connecticut
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Puerto Rico in Dec 2013or Jan 2014

I will check out the Parador, we do not mind traveling a bit as we will only visit Arroyo for one day, I just wondered if there was any place close by. Is there a beach hotel anywhere on the island that you would recommend. We will be flying into San Juan. Thank you

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
162 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Puerto Rico in Dec 2013or Jan 2014

For a beach front hotel I have to recommend the Courtyard by Marriott in Isla Verde. But if you are looking for an all inclusive beach front then I have to say Copamarina in Guanica, it is located approximately 1 1/2 hr drive away from Arroyo.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Puerto Rico in Dec 2013or Jan 2014

There are no all inclusive resorts in Puerto Rico. Copamarina offers a meal plan for your stay at an additional cost and it is too far from Arroyo. The closest full service resort hotel is in Palmas de Mar in Humacao, the Wyndham Gardens. On the southeast coast there are not many accommodation choices, but there are a few motel type accommodations, some are beachfront. Patillas is the closest municipality to Arroyo. Aside from that you might consider renting a condo in Arroyo.

In Patillas (near Arroyo):

Caribe Playa

http://www.caribeplaya.com/

Parador Caribbean Paradise

https://www.facebook.com/CaribbeanParadi

Edited: 21 July 2013, 01:35
Connecticut
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Puerto Rico in Dec 2013or Jan 2014

Thank you for all the information, I will check on all these suggestions :)

7. Re: Visiting Puerto Rico in Dec 2013or Jan 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 05:17