We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring break in PR

Chanhassen...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Spring break in PR

Hello,

I would like an advise of where to stay in PR. This will be our third visit, we will be there end of March for a week stay. We've stayed in San Juan on the first trip , 2nd trip we Stayed at Las Casitas in Fajardo.

We have not explored the other parts of the island ,so not sure what part is worth visiting .We'll be visiting PR with 2 kids (7,10 yrs of age).

We would like to spend couple of days on the beach just relaxing and enjoying the water and sun, and the rest exploring the island. Previous visit (we went to El Yunqe rainforest, visited old San Juan, also been to Culebra island). I would love to go to Culebra island again but not sure if there are good hotels there.

Please advise of places to stay, and what o

ther areas of the island that should not be missed (not familiar at all with the west part).

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Fajardo
Fajardo
Puerto Rico
Culebra
Culebra
Puerto Rico
Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring break in PR

Leaf thru this link.

caribbeanbusinesspr.com/magman/…index.html

That is the tourism magazine for Puerto Rico.

This will break the island into different areas.

Once you have that, update the post so we can narrow things down for you.

Chanhassen...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring break in PR

Thanks for this link it's very helpful. I will look through it. So far We definitely want to get lodging in Vieques for two to three nights max. Not sure if we should get a hotel or villa rental ( most rentals are for a week , I hope we can find something for 3 nights) . Would like the lodging to be right on the beach, as far as cost I don't want to pay more than $200-250 per night but would like a nice CLEAN place( I know Vieques is wild tropical island but I'm not friends with spiders or roaches). Any recommendation?

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring break in PR

Have you consider visiting the west side of PR? Maybe Rincon is more to your appeal. You can have a dirrect flight to Aguadilla's Airport (BQN), and then a 30 min drive.

Rincon has many calm water beaches that your kids will enjoy. There are all sort of sizes hotels and appartment rentals to fit your budget. Plus you can do some day trips, if you want to.

Rincon is about enjoying the beach, relaxing, and having fun. There is horseback riding, and a really nice lighthouse.

Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring break in PR

There is a resort in Fajardo called el conquistadors..very family oriented.. children look like they are always having a good time there..

Also you will be close to ferry that takes you to vierques or culebra beach..I think I spelled that right..lol lol..

Mentioned in this post
Fajardo
Fajardo
Puerto Rico
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spring break in PR

Levern,

The OP already stayed at Las Casitas.

The west south/west is a good option.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,408 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spring break in PR

I would look at Rincon. The kids could take some surfing lessons.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spring break in PR

Either Rincon or Vieques.

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spring break in PR

I Agree with prexplorer...Vieques, Rincon or perhaps Cabo Rojo/Boqueron/Combate. There is a lot to do in Cabo Rojo and the towns close to it.

Edited: 17 September 2013, 23:54
Mentioned in this post
Cabo Rojo
Cabo Rojo
Puerto Rico
9. Re: Spring break in PR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 05:17