We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which would you do? - Extra driving or holding onto luggage?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
373 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Which would you do? - Extra driving or holding onto luggage?

PR Destination Experts - I'm sorry for the amount of questions I ask - it's not THAT long to go now, & I promise a detailed trip reports! Your help IS appreciated.

My plan is as follows: SJU - Culebra - EY - SJU.

My options are:

Option 1 - Fly with Cape Air from SJU - Culebra rtn $316. Rent car 3 days with Charlies $240 to spend time in Rainforest & surrounding areas. Total cost $556.

Pros - Cape Air allows generous luggage allowance so we will have all of our things in Culebra & EY - total of 6 days (1/3 of our trip)

Cons - We have to drive an 'extra' trip (see below) from EY to SJU

Option 2 - Fly from SJU to Culebra (approx $150 depending on airline). Fly from Culebra to Ceiba ($88). Pick up one way hire car with Avis ($260), stay in EY for 3 days & drive back to SJU. Total cost $498

Pros - we cut out a 90 min trip compared to the above

Cons - We not have majority of our luagge with us

What would you do? Recommend? Why?

I think i'm leaning towards option 1 to have an extra 90min drive to have our luggage but i think the driver will prefer the other !

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which would you do? - Extra driving or holding onto luggage?

Some things we can help with, others we just can not. This particular inquiry is a matter of convenience, budget, and necessity of your personal belongings. All of which are very personal preferences. Personally, if the budget allows, I'd go for the easiest/quickest/most convenient option because (to me) vacation time is just too precious to waste.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,619 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which would you do? - Extra driving or holding onto luggage?

I agree w the above. It all depends how badly you need your extra baggage and what your budget is.

The drive to El Yunque from SJ is very easy, so that should not be a major consideration.

In terms of "flow", it is easier to return to Ceiba and drive from there to EY, then SJ.

3. Re: Which would you do? - Extra driving or holding onto luggage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 05:20