We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highest point in san juan puerto rico

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Highest point in san juan puerto rico

Hi,

Any recommendation for the highest point in San Juan that is accessecible for me? Where i can view the whole city of San Juan and take picture.

Thank you so much

San Juan Snorkel and Picnic Cruise
707 reviews
from US$83.00*
Culebra Day Trip by Catamaran from...
291 reviews
from US$113.00*
Special Offer
Old San Juan Sunset Sail
32 reviews
from US$66.50*
US$95.00
Old San Juan Walking Tour
202 reviews
from US$40.00*
Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,940 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Highest point in san juan puerto rico

By "view the whole city of San Juan" I assume you really mean "Old San Juan".

We've taken some great shots from ...

* top of El Morro, and from the catwalk of El Morro lighthouse

* top of Fort San Cristóbal

* top of the Cuartel del Ballaja

* the Seaplanes in Paradise sightseeing flight

* roof of Doña Fela parking garage

Though not in San Juan per se, we've gotten some good (though a little hazy) Old San Juan photos from the top of the observation tower in Parque Julio Enrique Monagas Urbano in Bayamon. Really good zoom lens required.

I imagine the view from the rooftop of El Convento hotel might be interesting. Just as I imagine the view from the top of the Caribe Hilton toward Old San Juan (with a zoom lens) would be pretty good.

If you're visiting on a cruise, go outside on the top deck of your ship when it is departing/arriving in the harbor.

In Isla Verde or Condado, you can get some good urban beach shots from the upper floors of most of the hotels along the beach.

Edited: 14 October 2013, 11:41
usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Highest point in san juan puerto rico

There is no single place where you can get the whole city and the entire Metro San Juan area in one photograph as it is quite expansive. Old San Juan is actually on an island away from the rest of the city, but it is the most photographed section of San Juan. Sovenir shops sell very good aerial shots of most sections of the city.

Edited: 14 October 2013, 13:31
Bayamón, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
627 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Highest point in san juan puerto rico

The closest highest points are in the town of Bayamón, in the San Juan metropolitan area. One is the Parque Ambiental Santa Ana, side by side with Julio Monagas Park. A setback is that you have to hike uphill on dirt and stones to reach a lookout tower. Take the steps to the top and there you are. The forest guards use some sort of golf cart to get there. I do not know about whether they give rides to the public. If you are willing to walk is a 20-25 minute each way. The ground gets very slippery when wet, so be aware of that. There is no public transportation to get there from San Juan.

The other one is Parque de Las Ciencias Park in Bayamón as well. However, the park is closed for renovations and there is not known date for reopening.

If you can afford it, the helicopter rides could be an option to take pictures.

Questions? Ask!

Juan Carlos Ortega

Puerto Rico

San Juan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Highest point in san juan puerto rico

San Juan is mostly flat

5. Re: Highest point in san juan puerto rico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 05:18