We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat travel from southeastern US to Puerto Rico

Missouri
Level Contributor
7 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Boat travel from southeastern US to Puerto Rico

I don't fly. My nephew is getting married in Dom Rep in early May. I'm looking for a way to get to Puerto Rice (or Dom Republic) on a boat. I found a ferry from Puerto Rico to Dom Rep.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,266 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat travel from southeastern US to Puerto Rico

There is no regular service that I am aware of. Although there are cruise ships that make San Juan a stop. You might try one of the shipping companies. Several do offer cabins. There are plenty of ships heading to San Juan and possibly DR. Try an experience travel agent to start with.

Missouri
Level Contributor
7 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat travel from southeastern US to Puerto Rico

do you have the contact info for the shipping companies ? I was able to find only one.,

thanks

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,112 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat travel from southeastern US to Puerto Rico

There is Seastar and Crowley that I know of

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,266 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat travel from southeastern US to Puerto Rico

Start here is you don't want to use a travek agent. https://www.freightercruises.com/

5. Re: Boat travel from southeastern US to Puerto Rico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 05:18