We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PR in early december - hotels etc'

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
PR in early december - hotels etc'

Hey guys,

I'm going to PR in early december arriving on friday and staying for 6 nights.

hotels on the weekend are kinda pricey so i was thinking of staying in one place for 2 nights and then moving to another hotel for another 4 nights.

should i start at old san juan or condido ? im also planning on getting a car for 2-3 days and travel around.

any help with planning 5-6 days stay would much be appreciated!!

Thank you.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
7,944 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PR in early december - hotels etc'

It depends on what you're looking for. Old San Juan is great for walking and sight seeing, but it doesn't have a beach. Condado has a beach, but if often not swimmable. Consider Isla Verde as well. It has nicest beach in San Juan. Tell us what your preferences are so we can make suggestions.

As far as hotels prices, they are higher in December because it is the high season. But in early December you can find a 4 stars for around $100 by bidding on Priceline.com. Just bid for 4 stars hotel/resorts in theb San Juan area.

Let us know what kind of activities do you enjoy? What sites are you looking to visit? Please give us some information about yourself so we can help you build an itinerary.

Edited: 22 October 2013, 15:27
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PR in early december - hotels etc'

Hey ,

thank you for your very fast respond.

We don't really care so much foe a great beach for more than a day or two.

we are looking for some sightseeing and some activities culture- hiking, nature,food, any recommended dy trips etc'

and what area is the best to stay for 5-6 nights.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
7,944 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PR in early december - hotels etc'

You can stay in San Juan and take day trips, or you can split your stay. It is common for visitors to spend 2 or 3 nights in San Juan, then moving to the east coast where they can visit the rainforest, the bio bay, and the adjacent islands of Vieques or Culebra. You can spend the night there, or make it a day trip.

While in San Juan, you can take a day trip to Ponce, and visit Guavate on your way up or down. The best roasted pork is made there.

If you'd like to try the local food, Cafe Manolin (breakfast and lunch only) is a hole in the wall in Old San Juan thatb serves the best authentic food in the area. Metropol (lunch and dinner) in Isla Verde is also very good.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PR in early december - hotels etc'

Thank you so much.

i'll keep on reading i ill do 2 nights in san juan 1-2 nights in another place and then last night sin san juan before the flight.

5. Re: PR in early december - hotels etc'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 06:19