We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need a budget accomadation in rio pedras

barbados
4 posts
Save Topic
need a budget accomadation in rio pedras

i am travelling to preuto rico july 20 for a few days with my 6 year old to do some shopping i am told i can get a reasonable room for 45USD if you know this for sure give me names please i need an area where i can get around by the bus

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: need a budget accomadation in rio pedras

HI CW, I too would like to know where in Rio Piedras, is there a place to stay.

Did the person who told you, provide more information.

You know maybe an address .

I can probably check it out.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need a budget accomadation in rio pedras

You mentioned the Rio Piedras area. Here are some places you can call:

Hotel Del Centro

Centro Medico

Rio Piedras

787-751-1335

787-764-9123

Hotel Express

Edif La Electronica

Rio Piedras

787-751-8774

Hotel La Fuente

Carr 842 Km 7.0 Bo Caimito Alto

Rio Piedras

787-789-9686

Hotel Roxy

270 De Diego

Rio Piedras

00925-3204

787-767-6460

Unfortunatey, I cannot vouche for any of them, since I have never stayed there. Call the hotels and ask for information.

dc
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: need a budget accomadation in rio pedras

Hhm . . . There are no good lodging options in Rio Piedras that I know of. Hotel del Centro consists of a few floors in the University Medical Center and is geared to relatives of patients receiving treatment there. You are literally in the middle of the hospital if you stay there. Hotel La Fuente and Hotel Roxy are mostly the "hourly hotel" type, if you know what I mean. I don't know anything about Hotel Express, but I suspect it's the same thing. Probably not the kind of place you want to take a 6 year old.

Your best bet may be to find a budget hotel near the tourist areas of Condado or Old San Juan, near the bus line, which will enable you to get to Plaza las Americas or the Rio Piedras "town" shopping area fairly easily. A couple of places you may want to check out are the Guest House Old San Juan (a/k/a Castro Guesthouse), which I believe has a listing and reviews here on tripadvisor; and Toro Hotel in Miramar. I don't know Toro Hotel well, but I've heard it's a decent, budget business hotel. It's often used, for example, by academics travelling to the Univ. of P.R. Though it's not close to Rio Piedras, it's on the bus line that takes you straight there. The number for Toro Hotel is (787) 725-5150. The nearby Olimpo Court hotel may be a little more expensive, but could also work for you.

Otherwise, check the lower-priced guesthouses in Condado, such as Embassy, Acacia Seaside Inn, Hotel Iberia, Aleli by the Sea, which are listed on this website. These will all be closer to $75 and up than to $45, though.

naples
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: need a budget accomadation in rio pedras

Hi !!!

You may want to try a gentleman we rented fom long term while in Rio P. His name is Ivan and he owns several homes he rents out in and around San Juan.

ivan@spiderlink.net or 787-717-1747

Tell him Millie from his El Senorial home sent you.

barbados
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: need a budget accomadation in rio pedras

thank you all for your kind responses i wll take them under advisment and check out. once again thanks as i really want my son to have a good trip since he did really well in school this year. Additionaly some one in my country told me about this couple how opened in rio pedras near the bus terminal, they opened from April this year. I will also check that and if it proves worthy will put it through for other travellers.

6. Re: need a budget accomadation in rio pedras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 01:17