We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling in winter

Deshler, Ohio
Level Contributor
290 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling in winter

Are the seas rougher on side of the island than the other, late January early February for snorkeling purposes? Any suggestions on where to go for snorkeling in winter? I would like to be able to snorkel from the beach with out taking an excursion.

Thank you,

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling in winter

For snorkeling off the beach I like Seven Seas in Fajardo, Crash Boat in Aguadilla (walk east) and Luis Peña in Culebra. Although we have constant temperature year round, during the winter months the sea has more surf. However, these beaches are calm beaches.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,912 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling in winter

In the winter, beaches on the Atlantic (north) side of the island are typically roughest.

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling in winter

Rincón and Isabela are towns with snorkable beaches year round. Water temperature is good, surf will depend on wind conditions for the day.

Do be ware, that jelly fish increase on winter months, so it is very common to spot these while snorkeling.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling in winter

I had no luck trying to find a group to take me out from San Juan last week- granted I tried to book a trip last minute.

5. Re: Snorkeling in winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 06:19