We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Melia

Boston...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Melia

Hello,

Planning on going to PR first week in March. I am thinking about staying at the Gran Melia. Any feedback? Any other hotel recommendations? Would like a place with a nice beach.

Thanks.

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Melia

The Gran Melia is a great resort in my view. It has a Tahiti theme and a beautiful setting. The one draw back is that the beach closest to the resort leaves a little to be desired, though there is a great beach area a few hundred yards down from the hotel. View from Google Earth and you will see.

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Melia

The beach at the Gran Melia is really not swimmable. It is very rocky.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
410 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Melia

They have a humongous swimming pool, not much beach at all. I liked it there. A little isolated.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Melia

Consider the Wyndham Rio Mar Beach Resort in Rio Grande. It's in a really nice beach front setting. Ask for a room that has been renovated.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,200 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Melia

If you want a nice beach, Melia is not the hotel for you. Consider Rio Mar or El Conquistador instead.

If you prefer to be closer to San Juan, then consider the Isla Verde area.

6. Re: Gran Melia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 05:18