We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Topic
Car Rental

Hi there!

I am traveling with my family to Isle Verde for the week between Christmas and New Years, and I am trying to figure out if I should rent a car for the week, or we should just take taxis as needed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Josh

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,825 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

There may not even be Car's to rent. That week they get sold out quickly. If you do want a Car , you better start checking if you can find one

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

Thanks! It looks like there are, but I'm going to figure out the itinerary, then come back to this question...

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
3,919 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental

taxis are expensive and you will probably spend more on them intermittently than on a car for the whole week, although parking can be expensive. check priceline.com for rental prices.

you should plan day trips away from the city to get the most of your vacation. go to www.puertoricodaytrips.com to get ideas. el Yunque, camuy, guavate etc

Leesburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
52 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental

The major rental companies don't charge for a cancelled reservation. You may want to reserve one, while you decide what to do. If you decide you don't want a cvar just cancel. Find out what parking costs where you are staying. If it's not much, rent a car. You'll be able to make side trips and go down to Old San Juan. In OSJ just park in one of the parking garages. There is an underground one near El Morro and there are several down near the cruise ship docks. Reasonable rates and easy walking into Old San Juan.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
8,625 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental

Only rent a car if you want to do day trips out of SJ. While in SJ (OSJ, Condado, Isla Verde), cabs are easy to find and you avoid the hassle of traffic and parking. Not to mention avoiding the high price of overnight parking at hotels.

6. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2014, 05:18