We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One week trip itinerary suggestions

Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Topic
One week trip itinerary suggestions

Old San Juan

Rain Forest

Rincon

what else?

I do want to do some photography ... any special spots to go to?

El Yunque Rain Forest
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Forests
La Marquesa Forest Park
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Parks, Forests
Guanica Dry Forest
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Forests
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,976 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One week trip itinerary suggestions

You have to tell us a bit more about your group, your likes and dislikes, budget, expectations.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,837 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One week trip itinerary suggestions

Cabo Rojo, Isla Caja de Muertos , Cueva del Indio and Cueva Ventana are a few of my favorites that also make great photo ops.

Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: One week trip itinerary suggestions

Sure, group is small ... two adults and a toddler. Likes are varying, but mostly relaxed to medium strain .. walking to light hiking if possible. Enjoy sunsets, old city, rain forest ... etc. Budget is medium not huge ... but don't want to go really cheap either.

Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: One week trip itinerary suggestions

Anybody?

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
270 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One week trip itinerary suggestions

Although Cueva del Indio is not ideal for toddlers, it's very inexpensive to park your car there and your spouse and you could possibly take turns looking around, while the other shows your child the animals in the yard (there are many!). It's not necessary to go into the cave, the views from up top are amazing. If you are anywhere near Arecibo, I would definitely stop here, but I would not take your toddler on the tour itself. Also, look into taking a tour at Las Cabezas de San Juan Nature Reserve in Fajardo. It would be easy to do with a toddler and the views from the lighthouse and the beach you visit are great.

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One week trip itinerary suggestions

Old San Juan is very toddler friendly, as long as you have an "umbrella" type stroller. This area is also great for tons of beautiful pictures.

There is Parque las Palomas, Cualter Ballajá, the area in front of El Morro, lots of statues, Paseo de la Princesa, and more in OSJ.

You can do some beach time at El Escambrón (just on the outskirts of OSJ). This area has calm waters, and plenty of "running" area for your kid. Parking fee is $5. Also right besides the Conrad hotel there is a beach area that has a man made wave breaker. Water is also calm, and you can park on the hotel's parking lot (paying their hourly rates).

In Arecibo there is also the Lighthouse Park, not huge but it has a lighthouse, play area, tiny aquarium, and space to roam around; plenty for your kid to be entertained.

Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: One week trip itinerary suggestions

If you can do water photography the beaches in vierques and culebra are beautiful under water. Also I would suggest getting a tour guide that s really knowledgable about Puerto Rico to take you around. The city of ponce has some interesting things to see.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One week trip itinerary suggestions

My wife and I will be going to Old San Juan at end of Jan 2014 for 2 weeks. I want to take lots of photos, but not just the usual tourist spots. Any suggestions for off the beat locations?

Laguna Hills...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: One week trip itinerary suggestions

Family of 6+1 child planning trip to our mothers birthplace OSJ. Going to look for any thing that would give us info on our family tree and of course to eat the wonderful food (pasteles) & beverages we grew up with. Want to savor the cooking where locals go. Would also like to visit burial grounds from the early 1900-40's as well as off the beaten locations she spoke of. We would love to get any suggestions you can offer.

tyvm

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,976 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One week trip itinerary suggestions

Eliritz, start a new thread with your questions so you get more responses.