We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do for New Year's Eve?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
What to do for New Year's Eve?

We will be spending a week in San Juan, including New Years before our cruise. I have a 19 and 21 year old with me. What things are going on for New Year's Eve?

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,274 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do for New Year's Eve?

Nothing other than the normal: the forts wil be open during the day. Some hotels host fancy adult (21 and over) parties at night. Most restaurants will be open until 10pm or so. I think there are fireworks but I'm not 100%, nor where exactly.

Edited: 11 December 2013, 16:21
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,995 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do for New Year's Eve?

Puerto Rico's Convention center is also hosting a NYE party (about $69-150 per person depending on selected package).

I know that in Isla Verde you can see fireworks, but these are private fireworks that people arrange for. still you can see them for free. The catch is that you don't know where you will be able to see them, plus there is no pre-arranged open area to enjoy them.

Try sticking to a hotel lobby, for safety reasons, and enjoy the music there.

3. Re: What to do for New Year's Eve?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 05:17